What is Alexa?
Alexa is basically a virtual assistant who has been introduced by Amazon. Like Siri and Google Assistant, Alexa takes commands and instructions from the users virtually and gets the task done in the device. And all are done when you Set up Alexa correctly.
Having a virtual assistant in our device makes the task of getting things done easier. Instead of actually doing it ourselves, we simply need to order it to the assistant and viola, and our task gets done within seconds. For this done easily first need to setup Alexa, so let’s start how to setup Alexa stepwise.
Why is it needed to be set up Alexa?
As mentioned before, Alexa works as your virtual assistant whose job is to make your life easier. There are several things which Alexa does for you; some of them are mentioned below:
- Alexa enables you to make phone calls without even having to dial the number.
- If the appliances in your house are connected to Alexa, you can switch on/off the lights, change the temperature, lock the house, and do many things through Alexa.
- You may also browse on the internet without having to type out the entire thing and scroll.
- You may play games through Alexa as well.
- One can also play music on Spotify through Alexa.
- You may set up an alarm, and Alexa will ring it for you in the given time.
- You may even work out at home through Alexa. Simply tell her to let’s suppose, play a ten-minute workout from the internet. It will instantly be played, and you can do your workout in peace.
- You can get fashion or nutrition advice from Alexa as well.
Alexa can do anything literally if you guide it enough.
How to set up Alexa step-by-step?
If you have bought an Alexa device, here is how you can set up Alexa with your phone through the Alexa setup instructions below.
- First of all, install the Alexa setup app from App Store, or Playstore. This step is important because, without it, you may not be able to get connected to Alexa in the first place.
- Secondly, fill in the details of your Amazon account, and press sign in. If you don’t have an account on Amazon, you can sign up for free.
- Once you are logged in, press the ‘Get Started’ button.
- Enter your correct name. If you are not registered with your correct name, correct it as soon as possible.
- Amazon will then ask you to gain access to your contacts. It’s up to you to deny or accept. It is deemed better if you simply deny being on a safer side.
- On the top of the page, you will see three lines. It is the menu option. Press that, and select ‘Settings’.
- Once you tap on that, the three lines will drop down into a full menu bar. From that, tap on the ‘Add New Device’ option.
- You may now choose the correct device type among the options of Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus, and Tap.
- Choose the model type you want to set Alexa in.
- Plugin your Alexa-enabled device with the power socket.
- Now, press and hold its ‘Action’ button. Once your device flashes a light, it means that your device is ready. The light will indicate the strength of your connection.
- Press ‘Continue’ on your phone app to proceed to the next step.
- Often, your phone will ask you to connect to a custom-named Amazon network. You will do so. As soon as you are connected, your phone will get a confirmation message and will move on to the next screen.
- Tap ‘Continue’ on the next screen to move on to the next step.
- You will get a list of Wi-Fi networks for you to connect with. Select the Wi-Fi with which you want to connect your Amazon-enabled device with. You might also be asked to enter your Wi-Fi password. This is the network that will be used to stay connected to Alexa all the time.
- Once your connection is completed, you will see a message pop up on your phone, which will state ‘Your Device _____ is Now Online.’ This is the indication that all your steps have been done correctly, and you are now ready to use Alexa through your phone.
- Enjoy using your Alexa. All the facilities will now be available to you now that you are connected.
Here are all the steps that are required to be followed to stay connected to Alexa, and make your life easier and fun. Just in case you face issues in being connected to Alexa, move on to the next heading to combat such issues with some of the possible steps to eliminate them.
Important points to acknowledge once you face issues while connecting to Alexa:
It happens quite often that many people face certain issues while they are trying to get their devices to get connected to Alexa. It is completely normal and can be taken care of with different methods. You may take Alexa setup help from the points mentioned below to get connected easily:
- Turn off your Wi-Fi device, and turn it on again.
- Restart your Alexa-enabled device.
- Reset the factory settings from your Alexa-enabled device.
- Double-check the Wi-Fi network you are connecting to, and enter the right password.
- Do not keep your Alexa-enabled device away from your Wi-Fi device.
- Keep your Alexa-enabled device from other electronic appliances, as it may interrupt its connections.
Now that you have known how to connect Alexa with your device make sure that you use it to make your life easier and explore it to get to know what more benefits you can get from it. In the era where technology has taken over almost everything, make sure to use it to make your life more productive. All the steps are mentioned in quite a simple manner and are easy to understand. Lastly, make sure to go over the points where you can get help just in case the Alexa has connectivity or other issues.
In case stuck somewhere or unable to understand then dial Alexa Helpline Number at US/Canada Toll-Free: +1-877-264-9747 available round the clock.