Are you facing Alexa Echo Error 6:1:103:10:3? It can be simply understood as the mistake of putting an incorrect password in the process of connecting your Alexa device with your Wi-Fi.
This mistake is pretty common, which is why we have chosen this topic to explain in detail how to fix and avoid that mistake later in life. To fix Alexa Echo Error 61103103 read this article carefully.
What causes Alexa Echo Error 6:1:103:10:3?
Causes of Alexa Error 61103103 Occurs
As mentioned above, Alexa Echo Error 6:1:103:10:3 is caused by the simple mistake of putting in an incorrect password, due to which the entire process of Alexa getting connected to your Wi-Fi network gets hindered.
Choosing the wrong Wi-Fi network and entering the correct password, or simply entering more or less incorrect letters or numbers in the password can cause this error.
Steps to fix Alexa Echo Error 6:1:103:10:3:
In order to fix Alexa Error 6:1:103:10:3 on your phone, there are a few steps mentioned below which you are supposed to follow.
These steps are laid out one by one to help you in solving your Alexa connectivity issue flawlessly.
Make sure that you go through each step carefully, and not miss out on anything. So, here we go:
Follow Steps to Resolve Alexa Error 61103103 Instantly:
- First of all, attempt to log into your Alexa app. You should have installed the Alexa App beforehand to connect your device with the Wi-Fi with the help of its app.
- Next, when the Amazon Echo Error 6:1:103:10:3 message is shown, enter ‘Forget This Network.‘ It will help you go back and choose a new network. Be careful about choosing the network that belongs to you.
- Here, you must choose your network again and enter the password. This time, make sure that you enter all the keys correctly. Double-check, if necessary.
- Hopefully, you will then be able to connect your Alexa Echo to your Wi-Fi device.
If these steps still don’t work, you will need to call the Alexa Customer Service Number @+1 877-264-9747 to deal with your issue.
However, there are also other things that you need to take care of along with simply entering the correct password.
As most experts have recommended keeping the Alexa Echo closer to the Wi-Fi device in your house.
Doing so helps avoid any miscommunication or disturbed connection for the Alexa Echo to connect. Moreover, it is also advised that if you possess more than on Alexa device at home, then it is better to keep them at a reasonable distance from each other.
This is why; the connections won’t collide or clash and hence, can go smoothly with their own connections. In order to get to know more safety steps for Alexa Echo, Amazon Alexa Toll-Free Number can guide you the best.
Ways to avoid the Alexa Echo Error 6:1:103:10:3 in the future:
Taking necessary precautions are better than facing unfavorable conditions later on. When it comes to having an Alexa Echo Error 6:1:103:10:3.
One ought to make sure that they start the entire process by double-checking and making sure that each step in the process goes correctly.
Here, we will show with you how to carefully connect Alexa Echo with your internet network to avoid facing any Alexa Echo Error 6:1:103:10:3 in the future:
- First of all, take your Alexa Echo device and plug it into your switchboard. Turn your Alexa Echo device on.
- Next, install an Alexa app beforehand in your phone from App Store (if you use an iPhone), or from Play Store (if you use an Android).
- Next, log in to your Alexa app with your correct Amazon username and password. Make sure to enter your login details carefully, and check each letter and number twice before entering.
- You will then see the option of ‘Device’ written on the right bottom side of your app. Tap on that.
- Now, tap on the ‘+ icon.’ You will see the option of ‘Add Device.’ Tap on that.
- Later, you will see the option of ‘which type of device are you setting up?’ There, you will select the option of ‘Amazon Echo.’
- You will be given a long, on-screen instruction that will help you in your next step.
So, these are the following steps that will help you in making sure that you don’t repeat the mistake of attempting wrong options and information to get an Alexa Echo Error 6:1:103:10:3.
To conclude it all up, we have covered quite a few things in this write-up. Firstly, we covered what exactly is an Alexa Echo Error 6:1:10:3:10:3 and why we need to have information about it in the first place.
Next, we covered how exactly we can solve this error if we ever face it in our lives. Also, we learned how to properly connect Alexa with Wi-Fi to avoid such an error from occurring.
It’s all about being careful, and double-checking all the details that you have entered as it is better to be safe than sorry. It is quite a common error that Alexa Echo users often face, and that can be solved pretty easily.
So, this is all that you should know about the Alexa Echo Error 6:1:10:3:10:3. If facing other issues like:
Echo Registration Failure Error
Alexa Device Offline
Alexa Not Discovering Devices, and more,
We are here to help you anytime as our experts are highly experienced in their field and put your satisfaction upfront and provide the best solution ever.
In case you are not able to fix Alexa Echo Error 6:1:103:10:3 then just dial Alexa Helpline Number at US/Canada Toll-Free: +1 877-264-9747 and get help instantly.